Lakeburn Lumber fire

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Lakeburn Lumber staff spent the night of July 20 on fire watch after a blaze broke out in the Dieppe, New Brunswick business.

The Times & Transcript reported that firefighters arrived shortly after 2:00 am and found the roof and eaves of Building 7 in the Champlain Street compound burning along with insulation, wiring and sawdust.

The paper said the boiler in the building or the screw that moves sawdust into it is believed to have ignited the blaze.

Heavy equipment, brought in by firefighters, was used to divide up and thin out the sawdust in the mill allowing it to be completely drenched with water.

Organizations: The Times Transcript

Geographic location: Lakeburn, Champlain Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page