There will be presentations on:
• The challenges and opportunities in growing soybeans, canola and other oilseeds in rotation with potatoes (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada scientists Aaron Mills and Richard Martin)
• Soybean crop production, management practices and common soybean and canola diseases that may affect production
• Opportunities for specialty field crops like crambe, rapeseed, flax and borage
• What crops and varieties to grow and fungicides to use to fight Fusarium Head Blight (Richard Martin)
• National and international policy and trade issues that affect PEI farmers
The workshop is in partnership with the PEI Department of Agriculture and Forestry, together with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, through the Canada-Prince Edward Island Growing Forward agreement.